Make it happen: Guide to sharing your work on Twitter.

 Hello, It's tutorial time. This time it's about Social Media!

Today I'll be sharing some ideas to hopefully help with your game project, and getting out there a little bit more. Why am I doing this? Because I know how difficult it is to find this stuff out, and, it's really something that goes over our heads. I've had many ups and downs with my project, and I really am passionate about helping others to not make the mistakes I made. No payment required, I do this because I want to see others do well too!

Twitter.

I'm not huge on social media, I never really got into Facebook. I would say since giving Twitter a go, it's quite a good place to share your work! By using hashtags in your posts, your post will go to a group under that hashtag, and to get you started, here are my top two that I enjoy posting stuff on,

#screenshotsaturday

Every Saturday this group becomes filled with all the weekly goings-on of happy game developers sharing their work. Most of it is inspiring to look at, and it encourages me to work even harder to create original art and graphics for my project. Share your latest screenshot to this group every Saturday for a welcoming place to post.

Using Twitter hashtags.

Type in #screenshotsaturday, insert some text, and a screenshot of your game, and you're done. You'll find you may get some comments and re-shares, I tend to re-share and follow other developers on there too, so I'm likely to re-share your work every Saturday :)

#gamedev

This group is popping off! So many game makers use this group to share work daily, and it's a busy group too! Share your work here with many understanding game developers who may also comment and re-share your work :) 

Another great thing to do is link your work to a developer. They may even re-share your work too!

Use the @ symbol and type in. An example below


I use RPG Maker, and sometimes when I make a post, I'll use the @RPGMaker term, this will then send a message to them with my post. I've had a few shares this way, so give it a go if you know the developer's Twitter and hopefully, they will re-share your work for others to see :)

That is all for this weeks developer advice. I will have more next week. 

I'm no professional, and I am a learning game maker like many of you. So, I hope this post will help the most if you're looking for a place to share your work. Share some advice and suggestions of your own here, and take care. 

Many thanks for reading here today.

Comments

Popular Posts