Dev Diary: New Menu designs, and news on a new dungeon mode.

 I wish you a great weekend, now the weathers becoming warmer we can at least feel a bit better :)

I've been logging a diary lately of some really big changes to the free to play JRPG I have been making over the years.

I've been picking on what can be made better. So, I've dived in to photoshop to make new menu graphics this week :O

Firstly, here is the old item menu.


And now the new one. Isn't it really a massive difference? I had to make allot of adjustments to scripts to make this look new and better. I am using RPG Maker VX Ace and it always surprises me what this can really do when you gain the experience.


The new item menu looks much cleaner. The skin I designed fits well with the theme I use. Compared to the old one it's a massive step to improving a plain old look in to a modern fit. But, that's not all. Here is the old shop menu.  


And the new one which you'll see in Chapter 5 update. It's sleeker, more better designed, and it looks cool! 

You'll see many menus mostly redesigned in Chapter 5. I'll keep you updated on the progress, so check for new logs and posts every week or so. It's currently taking 4-5 days per menu screen to alter, design and finish. Not to mention it has to fit perfectly with the other menus.

Zone Events.

I've worked mostly on story with this game. And I really felt like just playing through a story isn't enough, it's great to have challenges on the side. And, there are not many quests that take you on a new adventure. So I designed a dungeon crawling mode which is different for each island you find yourself on. 


You'll begin on an easy first level which is randomly picked. Then once you defeat enough enemies you'll choose whether to go deeper in to the dungeon or take your loot and finish your run. There are multiple levels, and they are picked randomly, they become tougher and more trickier as you go on. 


Will you go further for the big risks, and gain more rewards? Or take your loot and run! This is your choice, but there are many surprises that may set you off course. It's a great random adventure outside of the story that you'll be able to enjoy where you can be challenged and use your smarts. :O

I really hope you like these new features coming up. It's a really uphill climb, and I'm working as best as I can. Please check out Heavens Heroes. Update 5 will be a few weeks away, but the story is there for you to play right now for free :) There is a donation bundle which helps and is really cheap, so please support the Donator Bundle, or by leaving a donation. I promise every player that I'll do my best, and if you look at all the changes over the last 6 months, you'll see I'm trying to turn this game in to something special which you can enjoy. :)

Comments

Popular Posts