New Mapping Update: Varoona Forest. (Once Chapter 5 is released)

 Over the weekend, I decided it was time I redid the map called Varoona Forest. Varoona Forest, is one of the older maps in the game,  it also serves as part of the tutorial map. I found that it was alright for what it was, but it just wasn't very straight forward, and too many events were causing chaos lag. I should have really re-made this map sooner.


Remaking maps isn't easy to do. And this is what it looked like after the map tile sets were changed.

It became a huge mess, I knew it wasn't going to be straight forward. I was actually not looking forward to this map re-design.

Piece by piece I began changing the landscape, editing the tile sets and  in to a sort of shape and design I was happy with. There was still much more to to do here,


8 hours later, I've added in  more details and put everything that is important to the player in a small area, and left a huge area to explore. It was allot of effort that paid off. The tutorial map has very little lag compared to the old version, and it feels like a area you can enjoy exploring.


I still need to make sure I am happy with the over all design. This really does look much better.



The new updated Varoona Forest will be in the new update featured for Chapter 1. And, around 10-20 new locations between the 3 islands you explore. This update is going to really put allot more game-play stuff for you to do so that your story is more unique when you are out on your adventure.  I hope you will like the new content when it comes out.

Comments

Popular Posts